Are you currently a sober and clean member of Crystal Meth Anonymous and looking for a little more -- something? Come and 'Be of Service' at a CMA meeting or at the Group / Area / or Intergroup level. At the group level, CMA members can share the word of hope and recovery. At the area or Intergroup level you can be of service the CMA community at large.
A team of recovering crystal meth addicts can make a CMA meeting both fulfilling and so that it will grow and offer support and assistance to other recovering crystal meth addicts.
- CMA meetings need a Secretary. The Secretary is responsible for the overall running of the meeting. He/she selects the Speaker and Leader each week. Are you a CMA meeting Secretary? Have you listed your meeting?
- If the meeting has more than say 5 or 6 members that attend on a regular basis, the meeting should have a treasurer.
- A Literature person to handle CMA literature, brochures and such stuff.
- A Chip/Cake person presents the chips at the end of the meeting and presents a cake for anyone celebrating a sober/clean anniversary.
- A Greeter at the door before the meeting starts to welcome everyone to the meeting and help new folks at the door.
- A Cleanup person who is in charge of making sure the room is left the way you found it (or better) before the meeting started.
- Some of our groups have a Sponsor/Matchmaker who keeps track of those people willing to be of service as a temporary sponsor until the newcomer chooses a permanent sponsor.
- A GSR (General Services Representative) who represents the interests of the meeting at the Area and General Services Committee levels.